123 Drives, New York, NY, 00000
Contact: (123) 456-7890
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Dedicated, results oriented Project Manager, Business Analyst, and Software Engineer with Healthcare and Financial industry background at Washington Mutual Bank, Fireside Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Stanford University Medical center, Kaiser Permanente, Brown & Toland, IDX, Shared Medical Systems. Experienced in managing software implementation projects that improve business processes and initiatives. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, tracking deliverables of multiple resources, monitoring budgets, working with senior managers, executives, and vendors, writing business requirements, developing and supporting application software, and coordinating user acceptance testing, and training. Expert level ability with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, IGrafx, Lawson. Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills and ability to thrive in large, complex environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Quality and process oriented project manager and business analyst.
• Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel charts, Word, and iGrafx FlowCharter.
• Solution-oriented project manager with strong goal orientation.
• Effective in providing project plans, definitions, issues logs, meeting agendas/minutes, change control, business requirements, and other documents related to a project.
• Effective and timely use of project methodology tools while maintaining a quality customer service relationship.
• Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization.
• Effective team member, managing multiple simultaneous projects, and tasks with timely turn-around and aggressive deadlines.
• Detail oriented and proficient follow up and follow through.
• Technical and analytical professional with ability to make good strategic decisions and with courage to implement plans, rapidly.
• Advanced expertise in MUMPS programming and IDX application software using Open/VMS, CACHE and Microsoft Windows XP operating systems.
• Recipient of multiple merit awards for excellence in performance, and dedication.
ABC Company, Pleasanton, CA - Technical Project Manager – Information Technology – Card Services - August 2008 to November 2008 - Contract
• Managed ten simultaneous medium to high priority projects within Card Services Technology department
• Managed business requests, project schedules, cost control, resource allocation, sizing estimates, and approval processes.
• Participated in negotiations and assessment of system changes, and deliverables with business owners.
• Facilitated efforts in the development of business plans, and strategies.
• Managed time tracking approvals for multiple assigned resources using Lawson application tool system.
• Managed multiple vendor relationships, and maintained communication between delivery management, and stakeholders.
• Maintained internal websites with project documentation and critical information for multiple projects.
• Documented and provided project plans, status reports, cost control, meeting minutes and agendas to business partners, and executive level managers.
DEF Company, Pleasanton, CA - Project Manager/ Sr. Business Analyst - Information Technology Department - February 2007 to June 2008
• Managed projects regarding migration of in-house products to multiple Western Union Speedpay Web platforms for money movement pertaining to ACH, IVR, and ATM transactions for a direct withdrawal from customer’s checking account.
• Lead implementation projects from initiation through completion to provide customer’s with the means to make direct payments in time for month end processing, including Western Union web services and Kiosk installations at 7-11 stores.
• Responsible for identifying business requirements, defining, managing projects, and providing analytical mentoring.
• Conducted interviews for requirement gathering, and worked with executive level managers, vice presidents, team leaders, and end-users across the company during the course of projects.
• Maintained involvement and consultation with the internal legal department, to review legal requirements, and compliance issues in accordance to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in California.
• Worked on multiple projects simultaneously, and developed related documentation such as business requirement documents, project plans, issues log, assumptions, definitions, cost benefit analysis, status reports, meeting agendas and minutes, incident tracking forms, sign-offs and approvals, change control specifications, charts and diagrams.
• Planned, and scheduled all tasks during the project life cycle.
• Interacted with third party vendors as the main point of contact to implement new and enhanced IT solutions, and to ensure adherence to timely resolutions.
• Conducted, documented, and submitted Request for Proposals to multiple third party vendors to select a vendor of choice for specific requirements, providing analytical, and detailed information that were critical to the stakeholders, and the Executive Committee for making a selection.
• Negotiated with department managers to assign qualified resources to participate in project tasks.
• Organized, and managed User Acceptance Testing efforts, providing documented instructions, training, and mentoring to the participants.
• Planned and conducted regular meetings with the project team, and stakeholders during the course of the projects to assign tasks, discuss open issues, and provide project statuses.
• Set expectations, and requirements regarding task assignment during each phase of the project, and assigned tasks to the project team members.
• Led cross-functional teams during project implementation.
• Established and maintained open communication between user community and IT.
• Determined and documented business requirements and process diagrams using iGrafx process analysis, and modeling tool.
• Contributed multiple templates related to the project life cycle.
GHI Company, San Francisco, CA - Technical Project Manager - Health Benefit Systems Department - October 2006 to December 2006 – Contract
• Responsible for leading project teams and managing activities associated with projects pertaining to Billing, Year end for Flexible Savings Account Claims, and Standard Reports.
• Developed and revised project plans, issues lists, status reports, meeting agendas, and minutes.
• Worked with users to understand problems with focus on bringing issues to resolution, and escalating as necessary to meet timelines and resource requirements.
• Participated in business and technical analysis as related to the scope of the project.
• Interacted and negotiated with project managers from the business team.
• Researched and coordinated training sessions as related to project goals and plans.
JKL Company, Oakland, CA -- Contract
Project Manager - Benefit Systems Management Department
- January 2006 to October 2006
• Provide Project Management representing BSM Benefits business on investment project engagements, including KP’s Comprehensive Delivery Process SDLC phases from concept and definition through realization, including requirements, definition, system design, and development.
• Provide analytic support with testing and implementation of BSM tools.
• Provide Project Management associated with BSM Internal Infrastructure projects, including redevelopment of BSM Took Kit and Data Bases with SQL Server.
• Project management pertaining to migration and upgrade of the Movaris Workflow Software from a mainframe configuration to a server environment.
• Interface with several KP departments as a BSM representative.
• Responsible for development of Project Plan, Requirements Documents, and Functional Specifications for internal BSM projects.
• Responsible for tracking the success of projects assigned with a project plan and advises management of all issues requiring resolution relative to the successful completion of the projects.
MNO Company - Palo Alto, CA - Project Coordinator/Application Specialist – Information Technology Department - October 2004 to January 2006
• Project management tasks for a high priority project involving upgrade of LastWord to Carecast with focus on coordination of effort between different departments involved in the project
• Participated in multiple rounds of integration testing as the main point of contact between various departments.
• Participated in training efforts, by creating test data, and various materials for end-user training sessions.
• Participated in the successful implementation of an internal Web Portal by creating, and analyzing functionality, integrated data, and ensuring data integrity in each system. Maintained daily communication and status reports with consultants, and project managers regarding portal activity.
• Actively participated in development, and documentation of project plans, risks, assumptions, issues, definitions, test plans, and meeting agendas.
• Participated in development and documentation of guidelines for internal customer groups with content to support daily business processes.
• Participated in the process analysis, and project planning meetings for integration of two external systems.
• Worked closely with the Program Director to organize, and facilitate Executive, and Steering Committee meetings, using Outlook on a daily basis.
• Responsible for follow-up with Project Managers regarding status of outstanding items in the issues log.
• Analyzed requirements for building queries and reports using new tools and configurations.
• Successful completion of Project Management training, including the basics of project management initiation and planning, which provided an introduction to project execution and shutdown.
• Completed training in Successful Estimation and Planning including Microsoft Project.
PQR Company, San Francisco, CA - Software Engineer/Business Analyst - Information Technology Department - June 2002 to October 2004
• Provided software development solutions and maintenance of IDX Managed Care application using MUMPS within CACHE and AES based systems, including interface processes, routines, screens, reports, and various Data Base Management objects, such as dictionaries and table/columns.
• Acted as the technical team lead for re-implementation of McKesson Claimcheck interface, by outlining the process flow, resolving technical issues, assigning tasks, directing team members, conducting weekly meetings, providing status reports, and developing technical documentation based on SDLC.
• Developed custom code for processing EDI 837 claims.
• Technical resource and Trading Partner liaison for implementation of EDI 270/271, including interface setup in IDX applications and creating HIPAA compliant technical specifications and test data files for Trading Partners.
• Developed project plans, scope documents, status reports, as well as specification, and technical documentation regarding application customizations using SDLC.
• Monitored components of system related projects through post-implementation including CACHE migration, and Flowcast 3.0 upgrade.
• Acted as a mentor and provided consultation to Information Technology resources.
• Acted as the Brown and Toland liaison, and main contact with IDX, regarding application, end-user and critical issues.
• Experienced with Microsoft ACCESS, EXCEL, POWER POINT, PROJECT, VISIO, as well as WRQ Reflection features for OpenVMS host application.
STU Company, Alameda, CA - Senior Software Engineer – Information Technology Implementations Department - January 1996 to October 2001
• Developed complex customizations using MUMPS programming language within various application processes such as Claims, Referrals, Eligibility, Benefit Plans, McKesson Claimcheck interface, EDI 837 Claims, and Incoming Claims interface resulting in considerable savings in cost, and manual effort.
• Mentored team members and clients regarding technical, analytical issues, and process guidelines using project methodology tools, and SDLC.
• Conducted specification meetings for conversion and interface projects, which were implemented ahead of schedule and within budget.
• Provided remote, and on-site consultation, and daily support for installation clients with hundreds of users, such as Peacehealth Medical Center in Oregon, and Comprehensive Medical Imaging Inc. in Los Angeles, maintaining 150,000 exams.
• Designed, and implemented customizations in multiple applications, interfaces, and conversions, using MUMPS programming language for multi-million dollar clients, such as Unimed Management Company with a contract well over 4.5 million dollars and 1500 users.
• Successfully, implemented, customized, and supported ambulatory applications such as Managed Care, Scheduling, Chart Tracking, and WEB applications for large clinics and hospitals such as
• STRAUB Clinic and Hospital in Hawaii, consisting of a network of 200 physicians and specialists.
VXY Company, Oakland, CA - Programmer Analyst – Software Support and Implementation Department - October 1990 to December 1995
• Support of ALLEGRA Patient Data Systems, using VAX/BASIC, and DCL in a VMS 5.5 environment.
• Successfully installed current software upgrades and Federal Regulatory changes for large hospitals such as Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula effecting over 200 physicians, and more than 1000 users.
• Received a special award for meeting client's immediate needs within an exceptionally aggressive timeframe.
• Developed, and installed client specific customizations ranging from $10,000 for hospitals such as St. Joseph's Hospital in Stockton.
• Installed current versions of tools and utilities at client sites, which included Screen Processing
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, ABC University, New York, United States
• Project Management
• Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL
• Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 overview
• Creating/Managing a Web Server Using Microsoft IIS 4.0
• Website Technology/HTML
• IDX Health Care Objects
• CareCast 5.1.8
• Event Coordinator and Operations Manager of a non-profit organization for a gala at Ritz Carlton Hotel in San Francisco on March 2002.
• Involved with exhibits at an Art Gallery in San Francisco.
• Italian language, travel, film, art, music, dance, culinary art.
• Jewelry and interior design.
• Film and Cinema.