||1. Excellent time management skills.
2. Ability to work independently and manage work and deliverables.
3. Excellent business and technical writing skills.
4. Excellent communications skills (verbal and listening)
1. Ability to communicate well with various audiences with and without technical knowledge . This involves working closely with Business Colleagues, and internal User Experience, Development and QA teams.
5. Good interviewing skills
1. Ability to ascertain current processes and business rules around processes.
2. Ability to understand current processes and be able to identify and recommend process changes.
3. Experienced in interviewing small to large groups of people at one time.
1. Ability to collect requirements using a variety of methods (one-on-one, group, JAD sessions, etc).
4. Ability to dig beneath the surface to discover all requirements including alternate processing rules and exception paths.
5. Ability to elicit requirements and clarifications from our business users who may not all be in-house.
6. Skilled in identifying interface requirements between products (includes field to field mapping) and in writing interface functional specifications.
1. Experienced in data analysis/data mapping.
1. Ability to understand SQL tables and field characteristics.
2. Ability to understand SQL queries and stored procedures.
3. Ability to write basic SQL queries.
4. Some initiatives require someone who can understand complex data structures/models.
5. Ability to identify and document business and data transformation rules.
2. Web Services/API
1. Experienced with Web Services and API interfaces.
2. Ability to data map to web services and API’s.
3. Ability to identify and document business and data transformation rules.
3. File Mapping
1. Ability to data map to file layout.
2. Ability to identify and document business and data transformation rules.
7. Ability to create workflow diagrams.
8. Ability to create use cases.