||Sr. "Oracle database" engineering with hands on experience on cloud platform - "Amazon webServices" & NoSQL "Cassandra database".
Experience on UNIX with minimum 8-10 years working experience in all areas of database Administration: performance tuning, data-pump, backup/recovery, KSH programming, PLSQL, init parameters, replication methods.
Expertise in Oracle 12c RAC, Performance tuning/troubleshooting skills and experience with VLDB's.
** Technology **
Oracle RAC/ASM. Amazon AWS, Cassandra dB, Data-replication tools Shareplex & Golden-Gate
- Cloud foundry, Wide experience in infrastructure layout, provisioning. Extensive experience in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure with particular reference to provisioning, security, and management. Design AWS infrastructure to move local applications to public & private cloud. Design complex solutions which integrate AWS cloud, on premise physical and Virtual server, EC2, S3 storage, networking and security. Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions
- Develop standardized AMI images and Cloud formation automation scripts for building non-prod and prod environments on AWS
- Design, deploy and support highly available and scalable distributed Cassandra (Datastax OR Apache) database solutions for high transactions mission critical applications.
- Develop data models and perform planning of architecture, functions, modules, recovery, standards and implementation
- Installations, configurations and monitoring DataStax Enterprise cluster and/or open source cassandra cluster
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity and performance of database components
- Work with internal and external customers to develop new value-added programs and data solutions with existing data warehouse structure
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Research and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions for business issues
- Create ad-hoc reports utilizing various data sources
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
- 24*7 on-call operations for mission critical application.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience