||Our client is looking to bring on an experienced Network Engineer for a full time role within the retail industry. They are looking for 4+ years of experience. This is a great opportunity to work for an established company within the community that is constantly expanding their product lines. Work with a collaborative group that is highly engaged and take time to have fun and support the community. This company has 160 locations but the network engineer will mainly be supporting two offices around Southwest Fort Wayne area./Roanoke area
There are currently two people on the team working to support an environment with approximately 500 nodes/devices including routers, switches, and APS's.
Main areas of experience needs to be in the following:
* In their last roles the candidate must have been focused on replacing and maintaining Cisco routers, switches, and ASA Firewalls.
* A broad knowledge/ability to configure and set-up equipment with security. They are specifically focused on firewalls (ASA Firewalls)- adhering to the security standards, and working with the security analyst to stay PCI compliant.
* Have a working knowledge of Meracki infrastructure which is a type of web-hosted platform for switches for small retail environments. Although they have a large environment with Meracki (160 locations), they will not devote a large amount of time supporting this and the individual will be able to be trained in this area.
* Be able to communicate with system administrators about Windows/Linux environments as they are making changes to the network.
* Worked with Phone Systems - Experience maintaining Cisco Unified communication systems
On a day-to day basis this individual will go through emails and support tickets (they use Heat as their ticketing system), and review tickets that have opened during the night. Most of the tickets will be project-based work.
Examples of work:
-Install new internet connections and configure routers, adding switches where they are expanding people. -Maintaining and observing alerts from vendors
-Ensure the right software loads are on all equipment
-Assist security analyst to make sure they are testing equipment and harden equipment. Historically they have always had a focus on security and emphasis recently across the entire company. It will be important to implement systems the best way possible to and make sure best practices are in mind.
-This individual will work on VPN Panels, communicating with a handful of vendors.
Client Job Description:
Responsible for the design, implementation, and management of an enterprise network.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Design, implement, and manage enterprise LAN, WAN, and WLAN infrastructure
* Ensure proper implementation of network security controls and tools
* Recommend and implement security controls as threat landscape evolves
* Establish monitoring, alerting, and logging on all core network devices
* Troubleshoot complex network performance and connectivity issues
* Maintain up to date OS/Firmware on network infrastructure
* Design and implement network that maximizes availability, reliability, and security
* Design, implement, and manage VPN tunnels between partners, vendors, and customers
* Design, implement, and manage firewall configurations
* Create and maintain up to date network documentation
* Research and recommend new technologies to benefit the business
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Science in Information Systems/MIS, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of network administration and security
* Network design and network security related certifications strongly preferred
* Experience with client/server architecture and distribution of application interfaces preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* In-depth knowledge of enterprise networking environments (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS, SEIM)
* Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills
* Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Excellent organization and follow through skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
* Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
* Strong team player