||• Edits requisitions. Confers with Issuing department regarding requirement, specifications, quantity, and quality of merchandise and delivery schedules.
• Places orders with wholesaler/vendor and/or sales representative.
• Performs follow-up and expedition activates to ensure on-dine delivery.
• Researches sources for equipment and services needed. Collects and analyzes quotes for new or non-standard equipment and services.
• Ensures all purchases comply with government regulations, accepted bade practices, and medical care standards.
• Negotiates terms, agreements, and contracts with vendor
• Interviews vendors. Obtains information on market changes and trends, new or changed products, and new uses. Renews and maintains contracts.
• Audits and approves purchase orders and vendor involves.
• Negotiates adjustment involving replacement of Items not confirming to purchase specifications and ensures appropriate credit Is received.
• Coordinates with supply chain management to ensure maintenance of proper Inventory levels.
• Assists in training or delegation of work to assigned staff.
• Two years of buyer/procurement or related experience