||As a Franchise Specialist (W2 ONLY) you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• 8-10 years professional experience.
• Licensed attorney or J.D. degree preferred.
• Ability to analyze federal, state, and local laws, applicable case law, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications provider’s use of municipal rights of way.
• Understanding and experience regarding Section 253 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, including the equitable and nondiscriminatory treatment as determined by federal and state case law.
• Telecommunications industry knowledge including large and small cell wireless applications, understanding of regulations and obligations applicable to an Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs) versus Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs), and FCC and state PSC/PUC regulation.
• Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
• Ability to compare competitor franchise agreements to those proposed by local governments, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment.
• Ability to persuade others through well thought arguments that comply with applicable law, meet municipal requirements, reduce unnecessary or burdensome regulations, and allow for effective franchise compliance moving forward.
• Experience with local government franchise ordinance approval process including document preparation, workshops, and city council public hearing process.
• Ability to represent Verizon at city council or county commission meetings in a professional and persuasive manner to effectively communicate company objectives.
• Familiarity with certificates of insurance, surety bonds, and letters of credit.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• SAP experience a plus.