• Review and assess System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documents and other IT project artifacts. Provide review and feedback on the adequacy of agency SDLC documentation during all phases of projects in the form of status and updates to portfolio management tool.
• Provide feedback on business process, procedures, methodology and application of all aspects of project oversight.
• Review agile process and customer value through iterative steps
• Track percentage of completion and monitor velocity
• Attend PIs sessions with the state agency and give input for oversight
• Perform risk assessments on project based on project artifacts
• Generate metrics reports from agile tools like Version One or other tools
• Provide best practice recommendations to agencies with respect to risk planning, mitigation, tracking and disposition.
• Perform project scheduling and planning oversight support. Assist State agencies with best practices on schedule management and best practices for creation, update, baseline, resource leveling, etc.
• Provide Contract management oversight support including contract analysis and contract audit services of contracts and evaluation of processes and procedures.
• Collect, organize, store, and manage project oversight activities and other task information using portfolio management tool. This includes maintaining current and archival project files (electronic and paper), collecting and distributing project information, entering project updates into project tracking systems, and recommending ways to optimize oversight program records management.
• Gather and provide senior management with additional, updated target project status information beyond that provided in by State agency. Updated information may pertain to scope, schedule, cost, project issues, and other information as available.
• Other miscellaneous project oversight related duties
• BS degree or equivalent
• 8 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Experience in Agile methodology such as Scrum, Kanban or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) process
• Manage several teams in large scale implementation
• PMP Certification from PMI.
• Strong familiarity with Agile lean project management software including portfolio management tools
• Competent and proficient understanding of project implementation approaches including COTS and custom develop solutions
• Solid working knowledge of current information technologies including open sources tools
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related status, risk, and issues.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, contractors, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Familiar with product owner, Business manager, story point, user stories, backlog, Scrum master, and four ceremonies: the sprint planning meeting, Daily Scrum, sprint review meeting, and sprint retrospective meeting, etc..
• Certification in Agile methodology such as CSM or SAFe
• Scrum Agile or SAFe projects using spring deliverables
• Apply agile methodology as an alternative SDLC