• Participates in the establishment of guidelines and standards for text and graphics.
• Conducts research on the subject matter including interviewing and observing subject matter experts, researching journals, on-line sources, and other substantive source material to write technical materials.
• Interact with subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information.
• Coordinates of the editing, composition, production, and delivery in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements.
• Coordinates of ancillary services and interdepartmental activities required for publication, preparation, and delivery.
• Coordinates the quality-control activities required to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of each publication, including in-process and final reviews, editing for compliance with all applicable specifications and standards, validation, and change verification.
• Completes all projects within the established schedules and authorized funding.
• Complies with all applicable specifications, standards, and other project constraints.
• Establishes and achieves annual quality and productivity goals.
• Produces publications using computerized composition and text-management systems.
• Maintains constantly high qualitative and quantitative output standards to ensure that quality publications are produced.
- 5 years of experience in technical writing
- 5 years of demonstrated written communication skills
- 5 years of demonstrated verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent