||An SRE is a hybrid of systems and software engineering who is trusted to improve the stability and availability of the production environment through automation. We're responsible for monitoring, provisioning, configuration management, orchestration, capacity planning, deployment and rollback, incident management, and systems development life cycle practices.
The Systems Engineering group manages a large and diverse fleet of Linux, Windows, Solaris, and AIX servers comprising the core of the Terminal infrastructure, as well as numerous appliance devices scattered across the globe. We're responsible for systems standards, self-service configuration tools, and the general stability and scalability of systems worldwide.
What's In It For You:
You'll work with modern open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications. We'll depend on you to advise on the design, architecture, and application of all aspects of operating system administration including configuration management, task orchestration, kernel and performance tunables, and filesystem management. You will work closely with the larger engineering organization to devise creative solutions to systems problems by utilizing an Infrastructure as Code approach.
You'll Need to Have:
• Demonstrated experience programming and testing Python, Ruby, Go, or C/C++
• Advanced understanding of fundamental operating system concepts including initialization, process and memory management, storage systems, and networking
• Proficiency in writing RESTful API services within the infrastructure engineering realm
• Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
• Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment
We'd Love to See:
• Deep expertise troubleshooting complex distributed systems
• Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
• Working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ansible