• Experience with capturing features and attributes from documentation in GIS application.
• Working knowledge/proficiency/experience with ArcGIS feature creation/query tools.
• Capable of reading/interpreting fiber construction as-builds and fiber splicing cut sheets or schematics.
• Able to work independently within organizational practices and guidelines.
• Experience with GIS data verification to confirm accuracy and adherence to validation rules.
Worker will be working with Engineers and records to capture fiber network inventory from paper/electronic records into our ArcGIS based database. Worker will also be performing data integrity analysis on records in GIS database.
• Performs complex drafting duties and assignments of limited scope.
• Follows standard organizational practices and guidelines.
• Solves problems of somewhat complex nature and assists less-experienced employees with solving problems and resolving issues.
• Prepares custom maps and diagrams from GIS data.
• Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
• Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
• Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
• Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
• Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
• Prepare metadata and other documentation.
• Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
• Provides GIS (Geographic Information Systems) analysis and services to all departments.
• Convert electronic files to PDF and upload to File Management Database.
• Experience with GIS based design platforms.
• The ability to convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS/technical people.
• Analytical Skills - The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
• Research various websites for GIS data applicable to each project.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
• Associates degree or Certificate in AutoCAD or Microstation.
• Associates degree or ESRI Technical Certification.
• Requires High school degree and 4+years job-related experience or degree in related field. A combination of education and applicable work experience may be acceptable.
• General Computer Skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Excell, Word, Visio) Google Earth and Adobe Pro.
• Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.