• Leads various Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) to develop Verizon’s requirements and to reach consensus on supplier selections. This includes drafting necessary language to translate business needs into specific requirements for contract-related documents, e.g. Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Authorization (LOAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), etc. This also includes leading the CFT to reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by business partner required dates.
• Drives all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking lead on contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and conditions, facilitating RFP’s, and working with the internal business partners to develop negotiations strategies, objectives and plans.
• Manages supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
• Supplier rationalization – leverages existing supplier base to appropriately consolidate services. Partners with the business to eliminate maverick spend.
• Earns the business partner’s respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor. Plans and proposes Sourcing strategies that best support the business. Collaborates closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis; and manage their expectations.
• Stays current with Wireless Technology, Application Development Methodology, and Internet Services business trends as well as Sourcing Best Practices.
• Experience in Wireless Product Development, Software Development Methodologies, Over the Top Applications, or working in an IT department
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
• 6+ years related experience in contract management or sourcing position:
o Experience with competitive bids and RFPs as well as direct negotiations
o Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
o Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
o Experience in drafting contract documents required for the establishment of business content elements, e.g. SOWs, LOAs, etc.
o Experience leading and/or participating in CFTs
• Project Management experience in a complex multi-project and multi-geography environment
• Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently
• Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Juris Doctorate, Master’s, MBA or equivalent advanced degree
• Certifications from the National Contract Management Association (NCMA):
o Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
o Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
• Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
• Strong analytical skills. Experience in data analysis & supplier assessment
• Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity
• Strong interpersonal and client service skills
• Strong team leadership skills