FLDOE is seeking Project Managers at the advanced level with the following minimum qualifications (must be clearly stated on the resume and verifiable via reference checks).
• Bachelor degree
• 7+ years of project management experience including 3 years of supervisory experience
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale data warehouse projects with the following characteristics:
• Managing multiple projects or programs
• Managing staff resources across multiple projects
• Very large high-profile projects
• Demonstrated experience preparing status updates and providing executive briefings
• Demonstrated experience implementing a rigorous development methodology that provides for joint application development sessions, successive iterations of development stages, and appropriate documentation.
• Knowledge of data marts business requirements including logical and physical database/data mart design for rational and OLAP data warehouse environments.
• An understanding of State of Florida rules and regulations is desirable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint is desirable
• Prior experience with the Department’s data systems, such as the Education Data Warehouse, Florida Education and Training Placement Information Program, and the Education Information and Accountability Services, is preferred.
• Assists in developing specifications as well as, overall planning and management of projects
• Meets with leadership to provide status reports on a weekly basis and provides monthly written reports which will include accomplishments, areas of concern, and recommended solutions.
• Communicate project progress and information to team, sponsor, stakeholders, and legislative body as appropriate.
• Ensures technical direction and standards are being followed.
• Develops project plans and measures actual progress against the plans.
• Assures that project documentation includes the project plans, budgets, risk plans, communication plans, change control logs, and reports.
• Demonstrates an understanding of tactical goals and effectively participates in the development and implementation of business solutions.
• Manages project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques.
• Manages change control within the projects.
• Obtains sponsor approval for changes to scope, budget, and schedule that effect the critical path.
• Written documentation showing testing and verification of modifications to ensure that objectives are met.
Apply with Indeed