• Preferred education/experience - Six years relevant experience OR 4 years relevant experience and an Associate's Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
• Required training - CompTIA Security+ certification with enrollment in their Continuing Education program AND at least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification. Examples: MCITP (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician), MCP, MSCA or MCSE.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
A PC Support Manager must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment. Must provide a high level of interfacing with co-workers and communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.
Customer Service: Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
• Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements at a moment's notice, sometimes in very stressful situations
• Serve as a liaison with organization leadership for technology-related issues, guidance and questions
• Provide desk-side information technology support to U.S. Army war-fighter customers/users at a military installation
• Provide professional and prompt responses to users for problem resolution, in person, verbally and in writing.
• Must correspond professionally and promptly with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing
• Must be able to interface with individuals and military/civilian professionals at all levels of the organization
• Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
A Help Desk Support Services Specialist's main technology emphasis should be to:
• Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to network
• Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
• Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems (Windows 7, Vista, etc.)
• Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (blackberries, Apple IOS, Android, etc.)
• Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products and/or customer-defined/Army application suites.
• Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems
• Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection
• Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines
• Utilize tools sets such as Symantec Ghost, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
• Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
• Maintain skill set required to do job
• Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could be implemented within the organization.
• Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
• Awareness of Army compliance requirements, such as AR 25-2, Security Technical Information Guidelines, and DIACAP process.
• Update systems with IAVA updates and anti-virus updates