Our client, a Fortune 500 company, is seeking a highly motivated and qualified senior Java Developer with Design experience. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team responsible for ensuring the quality of the corporation’s important and highly visible projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing detailed designs for large enterprise class projects. The applicant must have a deep and broad experience in providing hands on development to large projects in a distributed environment utilizing technologies such as J2EE, web services, MVVM architecture, and Java script and mobile devices. The applicant must have experience in designing scalable and highly available application modules.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science
Preferred: Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering discipline from an accredited US university
Strong and proven expertise with the following technologies:
• Database technologies such as DB2, SQL Server, Oracle
• Source Code Management and builds processes utilizing continuous integration practices
Skills and Experience Required
• Object Oriented Design with 8+ years of experience developing applications and services in a Java environment.
•Experience in large systems
?Sequence diagrams (Interaction diagrams)
•Using E-R models for database design
•Using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
?Practical knowledge of service design and implementation
?Experience in using SOAP and REST protocols
?Use of run-time policy enforcement technologies
•Using multi-threaded and multi-tiered application architecture
•Using enterprise application integration
?Practical knowledge of integration patterns implemented in an ESB product
•Using XML and JSON modeling
• Experience in developing standards and working with internal standards committees.
• Ability to understand the business problem, need, or opportunity and to design solutions.
Preference given to candidate with the following skills:
• Experience in developing Mobile applications using platforms such as IBM MobileFirst or Cordova
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Automation using products like Jenkins and SonarQube
• Build tools like Gradle and Source control systems like TFS, SVN & GIT
• Familiarity with cloud and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Swarm
Apply with Indeed