||• Accelerates and supports the ongoing activities in the field of Big Data and Smart Analytics at the innovation lab.
• Deals with large volumes of data, understands and explores data critical to business.
• Responsible for driving data for future processes and products.
• Works with different business units to understand the business demands with respect to Big Data and Analytics.
• Conducts advanced analytical tasks, data mining, predictive modeling and clustering analytics to enable to improve its products, services and processes.
• Analyzes business critical data and recommends improvements. Works with large data sets from both within and external to (e.g. plant data, social media data, warranty data) and conducts advanced analytical tasks, such data conversions, ETL, filtering, fusion, aggregations and data mining.
• Manages medium to large-scale enterprise-wide projects in the area of smart analytics.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for other engineers and specialists in the team providing expert knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
• Serves as internal consultant to other developers and engineers as needed, providing assistance in all phases of product life-cycle development.
• Advises developers and engineers on latest data analytics technologies and assists the team in process matters as related to development/support and provides the necessary on the job training and development of associates/contractors within the team.
• Maintains accurate, meaningful and updated technical and non-technical documentation pertaining to all aspects of area(s) of responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering or related field required.
• Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering or related field required.
• PhD in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering or related field preferred.
• 5 years post-university experience in advanced analytics in the field of data science, applying scientific data analytics methods preferably to automotive industry datasets.
• 1 year proven experience completing projects in with a set of various data sources.
• Expert knowledge in conducting statistical analytics (statistical modeling, clustering, predictive analytics)
• Expert knowledge in one or more business intelligence and data discovery systems: QlikView, Tableau
• Advanced knowledge and experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning and Algorithms.
• Expert knowledge of in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++
• Advanced knowledge in database technologies: SQL, Oracle, SQLServer, SAP HANA and NoSQL databases
• Advanced experience in statistical languages and tools in particular R
• Advanced experience in Big Data Infrastructures: Hadoop and ecosystem (Hive, HBase)