||• Performs advanced monitoring and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Performs coverage design, capacity, and performance design activities.
• Participates in developing internal process used for radio network design.
• Participates with federal, state and local jurisdictions to ensure regulatory and zoning compliance.
• Familiarity with FCC regulations with respect to emission requirements and limits
• Performs development, testing, and validation of RF feature plan proposals.
• Provides input in defining implementation guidelines for approved new features and technologies
• Effectively applies RF principles to performance activities.
• Serves as subject matter expert on GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/LTE and emerging technology theory. Supports engineering and technical staff.
• Provides input to management on tactical and strategic issues.
• Participates in the development of inter and intra team processes for system performance.
• Serves as KPI subject matter expert in order to improve network performance.
• Monitors statistical network performance data.
• Processes and reviews drive test data.
• Works with the operations team to troubleshoot site network problems.
• Reviews data to assist with determining cause of faulty equipment.
• Works with other RF Engineers to evaluate and resolve issues.
• Updates databases with resolution or actions taken.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
• Knowledge of Ericsson GSM/UMTS/LTE platforms and product lines and their 3GPP specifications
• Knowledge of Ericsson OSS, ENIQ STATS and ENIQ EVENTS
• Advanced knowledge of RF propagation/prediction tools such as Atoll OR Mentum Planet
• Strong knowledge of drive test validation tools such as TEMS Discovery/Investigation
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills (UNIX, Oracle Database, Excel macros and SQL programming a plus)
• Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Strong MapInfo, Atoll OR Mentum Planet skills
• Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask
• Must be able to prioritize work schedule and workload