||The Intermediate Applications Developer (Sourced) provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) and generates non-package revenues. He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives. He/She provides knowledge, development, maintenance, and support for applications.
This position designs, develops, and implements advanced technology solutions that help customers more efficiently process shipments for all modes of transportation and carriers. Duties will include such tasks as generating technical documentation, assisting with project management, monitoring and managing scope deviations, providing systems analysis and design, developing moderately to complex applications, contributing to maintenance and support, and monitoring of emerging technologies and products.
• Design and implement communication plans
• Identify and work with all affected groups and functions to support project impact
• Research trends and best practices; develop industry knowledge and expertise
• Makes decisions about prioritizing or planning own work
• Technical Problem Solving and Analytical Processes
• Apply knowledge of Client’s internal business information systems
• Maintains and applies specific knowledge of information systems elements
• Resolution of incidents and problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization, initiation of action, documentation of root causes, and implementation of remedies.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, Technology degree is preferred
• Preferred knowledge: ConnectShip, ShipExec, coding in C#, and knowledge of products and services
• Minimum of five years’ of technology design and implementation experience
• Experience with .NET Framework including C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL.
• Knowledge of at least one dynamic programming language (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.).
• Familiarity with the MVC architecture pattern.
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with T-SQL programming (stored procedures, functions and triggers).
• Ability to administer Windows based servers and working knowledge of IIS.
• Microsoft SQL Server administration skills (job setup, maintenance, linked servers and security).