||1. Perform manual test and design, develop, debug, and test automated tests and test infrastructure in a quality manner consistent with company and departmental standards and procedures.
2. Document designs and software, update preexisting documentation, as appropriate, with context, data flow and/or state diagrams, structure and flow charts, pseudocode, and source statement commentary.
3. Test products under specified and/or reasonable conditions under which it may operate.
4. Work with engineers in Firmware, Software, Electrical and Mechanical groups to test and debug features and improvements.
5. Keep abreast of developments in the field of test, software languages, techniques, and methods.
6. Investigate problems and recommend solutions. Implement any required corrective action.
7. Advise and assist developers in the design or modification of firmware.
8. Accurately estimate time to complete tasks. Upon accepting the estimates of others, complete the task to schedule in a timely manner
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
• Interest and knowledge of embedded software test, embedded software and Software tool development are highly desired.
• Must be proficient in Python, Scripting, Tool development, C, and have experience with Ms Office products.
• Familiarity with various communication protocols, various processors, and printer test.
• Skills in OOD, Design patterns, Structured design, Design Documentation, Debugging Techniques are desired.
• Familiarity with flowcharting concepts desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.