||The MCS team is responsible for the design and build-out (and ongoing support) of a global, multi-product, multi-entity operational margin risk calculation system used to service our ICG business areas. Our system is built using state of the art design, Oracle DB, and Java/J2EE technologies, runs 24 x 6. We provide a variety of utilities (configuration management and control, execution & workflow, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients.
This position will be responsible for analyzing business requirements, designing technical solutions, coding, testing, and deploying our global solution for the OTC (MRNCCD) and cross-product margin ICG business areas. These areas have high overlap and fostering/defining the correct synergies between these areas (across technical, program management, organizational, operational) is essential to creating a world-class, sustainable, scalable solution for our internal and external clients.
• Perform program design, coding and Development
• Performing unit and integration testing
• Design (and leverage where exists) reusable frameworks
• Environment management and layout design
• Develop and program financial services systems
• Provide expert level support and recommendations to the Development team for Oracle DB useKnowledge/Experience:
• 2+ years of financial services experience
• 6+ years of detailed Oracle experience
• Detailed hands-on experience with physical data-modeling
• Detailed hands-on experience with tuning and optimization
• Detailed hands-on experience with partitioning
• Detailed hands-on experience with optimal tablespace management
• Detailed hands-on experience with space management utilities/commands such as direct path loading, shrink, compress, etc.
• Detailed hands-on experience in building and supporting real-world large volume and real time applications based on OracleSkills:
• Expert Oracle PL/SQL skills
• Working knowledge of Oracle 11g features
• Working knowledge of AWR and ASH reports
• Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX, shell scripting, and commands to check system stats/health. [need to be able to help with coordination of SA related tasks]
• Knowledge of one or more ETL-based technologies is a plus
• Ability to work as part of a team, yet provide thought leadership in terms of our database
• Ability to talk with users and other IT groups to define and negotiate data-feeds
• Ability to work under pressure and propose timely and accurate solutions to problem