• Candidate will work side-by- side with agency staff to deploy WAN/LAN infrastructure.
• Responsible for installing, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrade of the system wide county ATM and Cisco MPLS network.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining a multi-vendor ATM backbone, and all provider and customer edge devices
• Responsible for configuration, installation, troubleshooting and maintaining 800 MHz T1 radio communication network using the GDC ATM backbone.
• Completion of the system-wide network upgrade and conversion from ATM to MPLS network.
Qualifications / Experience
• Knowledge of and experience in deploying and supporting LAN/WAN/MAN inter networking technologies, experience in inter networking best practices, experience in working with all OSI layers including the application layer.
• Expert knowledge deploying ATM based T1 circuits, expert knowledge of ATM technologies, products and services or Telecom related experience
• Ability to work as a team member providing emergency on-call support with a four hour response time is a requirement. On-call rotation is expected to be one week in three.
• Expert knowledge of GDC ATM products and services
• Experience with multi-protocol WAN environments, including ATM, MPLS, Frame Relay, T1, and 802.11.