||• The focus of the Investigation & Analysis Group ('IAG') is to perform enhanced due diligence on either new or existing relationships in an effort to protect the Bank form anti-money laundering (AML), counterparty or reputational risk.
• Projects will include KYC / Due Diligence remediation and screening and dispositioning of Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) hits.
• Review client documentation for accuracy and determine Beneficial Owners, Key Managers, Directors and signatories of prospective (and continual) business clients;
• Identify and risk rate Politically Exposed Persons (PEP)s based upon Global Policy requirements
• Data Entry and uploading of supporting documents into the Global Client Acceptance Review System ( "GCARS”), an internally used database that is used for all clients and various business lines and houses all AML/KYC/CIP documentation and correspondence;
• Assist in conducting enhanced due diligence investigation and perform searches against such parties via proprietary and external databases (i.e., Worldcheck, Factiva/Dow Jones, Lexis-Nexis, etc.) to uncover potential Politically Exposed Persons (PEPS), OFAC Sanctions hits and/or adverse media. determine negative news;
• Escalate negative news findings to senior IAG staff for investigation;
• Respond to inquiries from business partners, domestic and international Due Diligence teams ) regarding appropriate KYC/CIP documentation from clients;
• Follow-up with appropriate department for missing or outstanding documents whenever necessary;
• Maintain close working knowledge of assigned investigations and advise supervisors of their progress and any matters of concern; and
• Knowledge of the USA Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, 3rd European Directive, FCPA, OFAC and related AML regulations;
• Ability to conduct independent research using databases and open internet-based sources to verify matches of clients against PEP Lists, OFAC sanctions Lists and/or Adverse media hits
• Familiarity with the common industry definition of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and experience in clearing PEP alerts or assessing risk of PEPs.
• Demonstrate awareness of various types of corporate entities – hedge funds, asset managers, pension funds, limited, private and public companies, holding companies, trusts etc.;
• Ability to comprehend and parse and/or interpret complex organizational and corporate structures for ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown or merger activity;
• Strong analytical ability and attention to detail (i.e., ability to "connect the dots”);
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills;
• Ability to present complex issues in succinct, simple and straightforward manner; written or verbally;
• Use utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential material
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with business partners and senior staff and management in a global organization to achieve desired objectives
• Inquisitive, tenacious, and investigative; and
• Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure.
• 2 + years related experience in Due Diligence, AML, Audit, KYC and/or OFAC/sanctions; specific experience managing complex investigations or reviews within a financial institution or governmental entity.
• Strong appetite for organization and ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
• Fluency or working competence in another language (Spanish, Portuguese, French) preferred
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist ( "CAMS”) a plus.