||Job Purpose: Software development Job Background/context: Provide software development services for implementing CRS Common Reporting Standards
• Ability to design and develop software solutions using the Visual Studio development environment.
• Responsible for all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, technologies and tools, etc.).
• Works closely with staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
• May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
• Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
• Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency; must utilize approved Software Development life cycle methodology.
• Generally has no direct management responsibilities, but it is highly accountable for the effectiveness, quality and timeliness of application program, system or sub-system project decisions and how easily these designs can be implemented.
• Mentor and train staff members on the .NET development platform.
• The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to stay abreast with the rapidly changing development industry.
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 or more years' experience with Systems Analysis, Design, and Development, with a mastery level knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle. Required Skills:
• Must also possess the ability to design & develop complex distributed scalable applications
• Mentor other staff members
• Bachelors degree in computer science/MIS or higher
• Senior level developer
• Ability to self-teach new technologies