• Excellent Troubleshooting skills with hands on experience in Heap Analysis tools.
• Skilled in implementing high availability, fault tolerant strategies, and load balancing.
• Experienced technical knowledge in specialty area with basic knowledge of complementary infrastructures.
• Strong fundamental knowledge of Linux, Solaris
• Ability to design, build, deploy, document and troubleshoot issues within the Linux, Solaris stack and collaborate with Storage, Network and Application groups on infrastructure projects.
• Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, and Windows Domain and DNS administration. (Good to have)
• Experience with messaging systems like IBM MQ, Oracle Service Bus and Weblogic based messaging technologies.
• Experience working with J2EE containers like Oracle Weblogic Server, IBM Websphere.
• Experience configuring internet facing URL’s and securing it with centralized authentication systems like CA SiteMinder.
• Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware ESX is a plus.
• A fast learner with ability to dive into new products and technologies, develop subject matter expertise and drive projects to completion.
• A team player with good written and verbal communication skills that can mentor other members in the production support group.
• Familiarity with Oracle SPARC, HP Servers & CISCO UCS blades.
• Manage middleware environments and provide support to application and business teams.
• Manage all Linux/Solaris/Windows related system deployments and issues and act as last level of escalation for all system and application related issues both hardware and software.
• Past experience in identifying and working with vendor support like Oracle, CA and EMC to provide resolution to issues that need escalation is a plus.
• Work with the Information Security, Compliance and Business Continuity teams to ensure systems are hardened and in compliance with the Corporate and Regulatory guidelines.
• Install, configure and manage the IBM Websphere MQ and Oracle Service Bus messaging software.
• Troubleshoot Oracle Weblogic Server performance issues independently and/or in conjunction with other Middleware Engineers and Oracle database administrators.
• Configure and troubleshoot internet facing web portals and analyze apache web servers, CA SiteMinder web agent logs to identify any web related issues.
• Good understanding of SSL and Certs and configuring them in Apache.
• Provide detailed root cause analysis and suggest workarounds and/or solutions for recurring issues.
• Monitor, diagnose and identify UNIX & JVM related issues that have a potential to cause an incident and take corrective action.
• Work independently and collaboratively with other support organizations to troubleshoot system and application issues.
• Automate repeatable tasks using scripting languages like bash, Perl, Python etc.