||Senior Software Engineer with a Growth Company
Big Data/Java, C, C++ Coding background
New York City
Would you love to be challenged and learn in a flexible, down to earth, get it done environment with a team of world-class software engineers? If yes, then join a well-funded start-up working on commercializing big data technology developed within a hedge fund, with offices in Colorado Springs and New York City. If you strive to be the best and love what you do, be part of a small elite team of developers and help them achieve big goals.
Compensation: $140k-$170k salary depending on experience plus dental, medical and 401K matching.
The ideal candidate will be a “build things and get things done” personality. You must be a sharp self-driven programmer with solid Java or C, or C++ coding skills with a track record of successful prior accomplishments. The role is for a developer who loves challenges, wants to work on new and exciting projects, has great troubleshooting skills and is passionate about building the best quality software.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Work among a small top-notch high quality team, designing object-oriented programs
• Solve problems by building excellent code successfully – weighting this over completing a process
• Be at the forefront of the next wave for Big Data predictions
• Write elite code for the Capital Markets/Financial Services Sector
• Exceptional Java or C or C++ programming skills – a MUST
• 5+ years’ experience programming experience with a proven track record – a MUST
• Exposure to large-scale systems
• Solid experience with distributed systems programming, multithreaded programming, and debugging
• Have worked with object-oriented design and programming
• A background in algorithms, data structures, optimization, testing, and performance tuning
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• A sense of urgency
• Capital Markets/Financial experience – a plus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science or Physics or Math or related, Masters- a plus
Vertical experience: Capital Markets/Financial Sector - a plus
Location: Colorado Springs
Reports to: Senior Software Engineer Manager
Qualified Candidates Contact:
Kirsten McKeon, Business Development
Castle Consulting Services, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org (914) 494-8544