• Experienced working with Java environments like Apache Tomcat and databases like Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL.
• Expert knowledge of Java Enterprise Development
• Strong knowledge of scripting languages XML, HTML, Java Script, and Velocity
• Well versed with software development tools such as Enterprise Architect, Eclipse IDE, source version control with CVS, and build tool ANT
• Previous experience in a Java development role
• Six plus years of directly related experience
• Property and Casualty Insurance knowledge must
• Track record as a team lead who has implemented three or more projects for packaged enterprise software, with a special emphasis on Enterprise-wide Web-based applications using XML.
• Knowledge and working experience of Agile software development processes and SCRUM methodologies.
• Well versed in business transformation, process reengineering or other change management practices.
• Ability to gain credibility and influence for effective business decisions with senior customer management.
• Strong coordination skills with the ability to multi-task and address multiple priorities.
• Demonstrate initiative in starting and completing multiple projects.
• Ability to play a leading role in a client-billable resource team.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Financial application software and/or industry experience is required.