The Data Scientist will identify and/or develop algorithms for internal customer’s data science needs. They will work alongside other members of the software development team to integrate algorithms into software solutions. They will communicate methods and conclusions in clear and concise documents (presentations, reports, technical articles) with technical leads and internal customers. Additionally, s/he will perform testing and documentation of algorithms and follow applicable processes, standards and guidelines associated with software development.
• Master’s Degree in Applied Math, Physics, Petroleum Engineering, Geophysics or other quantitative field.
• Must have domain experience (Oil and Gas/Energy).
• A minimum of 5 years in industry data science related work, with a least 2 years in an industry research and development type role - or PhD research.
• Professional fluency in at least one data science relevant programming language (such as Python, R)
• Experience in image and/or signal processing including: filtering, feature detection, registration and segmentation.
• Expertise in unsupervised learning methods; Conversant in both statistical and machine learning methods.
• Expertise in bringing constraints into empirical and/or physically based models.
• Tensor Flow and modern Data Discovery tool (Spotfire/Tableau etc.) use and development expertise a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Creative and open minded person with a passion for learning about the physical world from data.
• Constant sitting and close visual work at desk or computer
• Frequent lifting of folders, files, binders and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Occasional bending and stooping to pick up boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Travel Required: 25%
Legal Full name