||They are looking for very senior level Agile Coach and strong preference on local candidates.
Rate is flexiable.
Under the leadership and guidance of the Sr. Director of Agile, Agile Coaches are responsible for coaching, mentoring and training one or several agile teams and leaders in adopting Agile practices. The ideal candidate is an expert Agile coach who is equally talented and experienced in providing Agile training. You will guide the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and the broader team as needed, and also provide hands-on support to all roles, as needed, especially early in a teams’ journey to adopting Agile. Once the team becomes self-sufficient, you would be reallocated to other teams or functions. This candidate must possess experience and a proven track record of designing transformative Agile content, representing appropriate learning theories and strategies, also develop and edit course curriculum and teach it. This individual would need to be flexible to divide their time in training and coaching based on the needs at hand.
As a key member of the Agile Center of Excellence you will be expected to interact and influence leaders in the Fifth Third business and technology teams. In your role, you can expect to work independently to lead initiatives that increase the adoption of agile practices across the organization.
You will be responsible and accountable for the open exchange of ideas and opinions, elevating concerns and leading problem-solving sessions that are in line with the policies and procedures of Fifth Third. As a part of Fifth Third, you are accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensuring that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience, while operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Guide the team and organization by modelling agile practices and methodologies
• Coaches the team, Scrum Master, Product Owner and other related leaders, facilitates transparency, inspection and adaptation
• Initially leads daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement
• Coaches team to raise and work to remove impediments
• Fosters close cooperation across all team members, encourage cross-training and supporting each other
• Facilitate communication and collaboration inside and outside the team
• Works with Scrum Master to shield the team from external interference and ensure the team is fully functional and productive
• Foster self-organization and growth within the team
• Embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile.
• Coaches team and organization on how to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment
• Delivers engaging instructor led and virtual instructor led training to various learning audiences with varying degrees of topic understanding
• Partners with other Agile coaches on the team, the Learning Team and other stakeholders to create and continuously improve engaging course designs, curriculum and instructional materials
• Identifies appropriate instructional strategies such as a curriculum targeted for each role and for Agile teams, and defines learning objectives appropriate to target audience
• Designs, authors, and edits eLearning, virtual, blended and classroom programs
• Remains current on Agile related industry topics
• Continually grows his/her craft learning new tools and techniques in the areas of Agile methodologies and training
• Able to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
None. This is an individual contributor role.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The following role credentials are provided as examples of the type of knowledge and skills necessary to successfully perform in the role of an Agile Coach. These credentials are not intended to be an exhaustive list, and lacking one or more of the listed credentials would not necessarily eliminate prospective candidates for consideration for the job.
• Experience in coaching new and existing teams in starting and maturing their agile journey
• Knowledge of a coaching or learning model e.g. the Dreyfus model for skill acquisition– Novice, Beginner, Competent, Proficient, Master or other similar models
• Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
Agile Knowledge & Experience:
• Ability to coach team on agile practices and ensure adherence to agile methodology to deliver maximum business value on time
• Prior experience in Agile Development, with specific Scrum Master or Product Manager experience
• Experience in delivering and facilitating Agile training and related courses via multiple channels teams and for individuals such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, Product Manager etc.
• Experience in creating and continuously improving training materials, content and approach based on feedback, expertise, self-education and learning
• Advanced writing and editing skills
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
• Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong mediator
• Active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize the team’s potential
• Ability to collaborate with other coaches and Scrum Masters in order to build Fifth Third’s agile delivery capabilities
• Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority – not afraid to do what is best for the team
• Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
• Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
• 2+ years as an Agile Coach and Trainer
• Previous 2+ year experience as a Scrum Master or Product Owner along with experience of serving on Agile teams in other roles
• Deep coaching and training experience, and expertise in coaching frameworks and methodologies
• Professional experience as Product Manager or other business facing management role
• Agile Coaching Certifications, Certified Scrum Master or similar certification
• Familiar with Agile framework support tools like VersionOne, Rally, JIRA, TFS, etc. ?
• Broad experience with Minimal Viable Product, and Agile engineering practices and large-scale application development
• Knowledge and/or experience with agile engineering practices and techniques such as Design Thinking, User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Knowledge and/experience of Scaling Agile methods and frameworks
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a directly related field