• Design and implementation of a central logging architecture to support our cloud services
• Supporting Cloud platform services from architecture, through development, deployment and production operations
• Developing automation and orchestration to improve the deployment and management of our environments
• Developing and maintaining build platforms, automation engines, micro-services, and compute platforms
• Maintaining automated test suites using CI/CD tools
• Participating in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities
• Advising management on service onboarding strategies and execution
Please bring to the table
• Development experience, comfortable working in multiple languages at once (Python, GoLang a plus)
• Experience in large scale operations environments
• 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix development or systems administration.
• Experience working in collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc).
• 5+ years of application development.
• Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus
• 2+ years of experience with networking systems and technologies
• Deep understanding of network performance and security, IPv6 exp.erience a plus.
• Ability to identify tasks which require automation and implement required automation.
• Configuration Management tools experience with SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or CFEngine.
• Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment – distributed systems, capacity planning, continuous deployment
• BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience (advanced degrees preferred).
• Experience leading teams a plus.
We have opportunities to work with and learn
• Apache Mesos and Mesos frameworks
• NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra)
• HDFS and OpenTSDB
• Relational database technologies at large scale (e.g. Postgres)
What we are looking for:
• Entrepreneurs who seek the kinds of challenges that scare most people! "Yeah, I did that!"
• Creativity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
• Thirst for innovation and solving problems at lightning speed
• Passion for automating everything
• Obsession with software scalability and performance
• Love for using and contributing to open-source software