||The Hosted Solutions department is responsible for developing and maintaining on-premise and hosted software solutions that provide integration, reporting, and analytics capabilities for the company’s portfolio of products. Using industry best practices, the department is responsible for delivering high-quality, robust software applications that meet present and future requirements.
The database developer is responsible for the design and development of database objects and procedural code to support various products for the organization. The database developer also creates programs to populate and maintain the data in the department’s transaction processing and data warehousing systems. This involves the creation of ETL programs along with the supporting stored procedures, functions, triggers, and constraints. The position requires extensive hands-on experience developing database queries, ETL, and associated code in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
III. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities
1. Understand and apply database design and development principles for both transactional and dimensional schemas to support application requirements.
2. Design, plan, and develop programs to optimally extract, transform, and load data from data sources to the target systems.
3. Design, develop and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
4. Maintain source code for database and ETL projects. Ensure that projects build successfully in a continuous integration environment.
5. Diagnose and resolve database performance issues.
6. Follow and improve development processes including but not limited to conducting peer/code reviews, complying with organizational standards, ensuring code maintainability, following build processes, implementing unit tests, and following other industry standard best practices.
IV. Position Requirements
BS in Computer Science or Information Systems
Experience or Equivalent
5+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on database code and Reporting Services development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design.
Strong hands-on T-SQL development skills including stored procedure, function, and trigger creation.
Excellent query optimization and performance tuning skills.
Extensive experience developing SSRS reports.
Strong SSIS skills.
Detailed analytical skills.
Structured troubleshooting skills.
Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and above
The database developer will additionally be responsible for the following tasks:
Analyzing requirements in order to create software designs.
Estimation and timely completion of tasks.
Documenting developed modules.
Supporting application developers and software testers.
Creating and executing unit tests for developed code.
Resolving problems in the production system.
Following quality assurance processes.