||The Data & Analytics department is responsible for developing and maintaining commercial grade software products, that are in compliance and supportive of the overall architectural and product strategy. Utilizing best practices within the industry, as well as the currently defined technology stack, this department is responsible for delivering high quality, highly stable, and robust applications that perform to present and future expectations.
Purpose: The Data Developer position will be responsible for the design and development of data related solutions (databases, ETL systems, code, scripts, data models, reports, documentation) and supporting various products. The position requires extensive hands-on experience developing database queries, ETL, performance tuning and database unit tests in a relational database environment.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
• Ability to design data transforms and integration, data quality checks, software deployments, configuration management, automated testing, maintenance, troubleshooting and analytic support.
• Design, plan, and develop programs to perform automated extract, transform and load data between data sources when working with large data sets (TBs+ range)
• Understand relational and non-relational database design principles, including normalization, de-normalization, and ability to read and interpret source and target systems.
• Provide documentation of requirements in the form of architecture diagrams, data models, source to target mappings, data dictionaries and detailed design documents.
• Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
• Diagnose and resolve performance issues.
• Responsible for adherence to corporate standards, build process guidelines, maintainability, unit tests
• Work with Operations group to design and implement maintenance routines, automated monitoring solutions, backup and disaster recovery strategy.
• BS in Computer Science or Information Systems.
• 5+ years’ experience working with relational database platforms (SQL Server is preferred but not required).
• 5+ years’ experience programming in Java, .Net environment.
• Experience working with non-traditional data platforms is a plus: (Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Azure, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Quick learner with a desire to learn new technologies
• Strong SQL skills
• Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design
• Performance tuning and optimization
• Strong analytical skills
• Troubleshooting skills
• Production delivery experience in Big Data related technologies Hadoop, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, HBase is a plus
• Understanding of Map Reduce and distributed file system is a plus
• Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
• MySQL/Microsoft SQL Server
• Hadoop 2.0/Hive/Pig/Impala/HBase/Flume/Kafka/Spark