||Technical Knowledge :
• Proficient in automation tools for installation and configuration such as VMware, puppet, chef.
• Proficient in Linux OS, Linux shell scripting, repo based software deployments.
• Proficient in server infrastructure technologies and implementation with a specific focus on Linux RHEL 6 & 7 including implementations in physical, virtual, and cloud (private, hybrid, and public) environments.
• Intermediate experience w/ networking and storage solutions that may be leveraged by the Linux server environment.
• Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Hadoop and its ecosystem, including basic installation and configuration is a plus.
• Educated to BA, BS degree and/or level higher, a plus.
• Typically has a minimum of 5-7+ years of hands on experience in information technology infrastructure, with strong aptitude with: software/solution development/delivery, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data, Information Delivery, High Performance Computing, and/or Databases.
• Have a deep understanding of capabilities and the direction of technology and applications, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned application/function and/or projects
• Strong written skills are required in the documentation of policies, procedures and standards as they apply to security.
• Must be able to help motivate team members and project owners to successful completion of required projects.
• Ability to create metrics, presentations and other documents as needed.
• Able to understand a 3 year Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI) model for Cost Benefit Analysis CBA).
• Have the ability to interact and communicate both written and verbally with the Business Head and their Senior Management team.
• Have the ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities through the effective use of time management and organizational techniques.
• Must be able to work through cross-departmental situations, track performance, communicate expectations, anticipate and recognize problems and, when appropriate, escalate appropriately.
• Must be flexible and be able to manage several projects simultaneously.