Jobseekers can prove to be more efficient by keeping certain factors in mind. Let's consider a few of the factors that are so important for building your future.
Posted: Jun 02,2016
The IT job market is pretty tough as you find about 80 candidates for each open position. While preparing the short list you’ll need to increase the odds. You must get to the basics while preparing the list. Do you remember the good old days? There were times when companies were begging professionals to join the work force. Signs that the market is turning to the sellers are quite visible; lobby tables near the pool, flexible schedules, signing bonuses and the coffee machines are often the main influencing factors. The buyers’ market is posing a lot of challenges for us. It’s time when the employers are proving to be leading force and compelling us to act accordingly.
You must depict more knowledge about yourself. Get a picture painted with the help of a cover letter and resume. You’ll certainly be able to distinguish yourself from others as you take this opportunity to prove yourself real. Find out more on why you consider yourself special.
There must be some reasons behind your being a suitable match for your chosen company and job.
1. Be Specific: Ensure that the opportunity seems good for the appropriate skills and your resume. Express your thoughts once you’ve proven your worth. Get your awards and other honors displayed clearly after you’ve achieved your professional degree. Let the reader know once you be a part of any volunteer body. Share a picture of yourself.
2. Get to the point: Your resume needs to be reviewed by a colleague or a close friend. When they can’t understand your resume, you can’t expect an employer to go through it smoothly.
3. Remain Honest: Your name may be flagged in some company databases once the embellishments are dug out.
4. Be Correct: Your cover letter and resume need to be checked time and again. There are a number of resumes that appear with poor grammar and misspelled terms. You won’t be interested in hiring someone so incompetent at the senior management positions.
5. Be Courteous: Including a cover letter is a must under certain circumstances. Let the employers know that you’re open for the position and that you’re qualified and interested.
6. Remain Respectful: It’s truly hard for you to quote your price and choose a position in the market today.
7. Be Responsive: You must prove yourself to be punctual and prompt while considering your application for a certain position. You mustn’t forget that the person you’re ignoring with a certain company might turn out to be the hiring manager for another company very soon.
We have come across managers that spend a minimum of 30 seconds for every resume. Are you able to catch someone’s attention by writing a review worth 30 seconds? By sticking to your basics, you’ll be able to fetch more opportunities, interviews and responses.